Maritime Bunkering Ltd COVID-19 Update
Maritime Bunkering Ltd recognises that we are operating in an unprecedented situation. In the light of Covid-19 and efforts around the world to control its spread we are writing to you to inform you about the measures that we are putting in place. Our priority is to look after our employees and customers. The company recognises that it must protect the elderly and most vulnerable members of our community. This communication outlines what we are doing at present to protect such people and how we will operate moving forward.
The senior management team of Mairtime Bunkering Ltd has been meeting regularly to discuss the COVID-19 outbreak and the advice given by the government. The team has focussed primarily on protecting the safety of its staff, customers and suppliers whilst at the same time building continuity plans to ensure the continued delivery of our products and services.
Maritime Bunkering Ltd continues to be fully operational. Orders can be placed over the phone (01482 214020) and via Skype (mark_maritime or nikki_maritime) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our staff have been recently briefed to take measures that seek to minimise the risk of catching and spreading the Covid-19 virus. In doing so we have asked our barge crew and drivers to practice “distancing” at the point of delivery. This means they will limit their contact, aiming at all times to keep a safe distance away from the receiving vessels crew.
We have put into place a plan to address the impacts of the Covid19 public health crisis focussing on People, Premises, Technology, Customers and Products. To protect our staff and customers we have asked staff:
- To limit their contact with Customers, stopping all field-based sales appointments
- To implement a new strict hygiene/cleaning regime which focusses on keeping contact points and hands clean which will reduce the risks of infection. All staff have been issued with hand sanitisers and bio wipes.
- To monitor and report sick leave and symptoms associated with the Covid-19 virus. And, following the governments guidance, we have reiterated the need for self-isolation
- To cancel almost all face-to-face meetings replacing them with video /tele conference sessions.
- We ask all suppliers and customers to not visit us at our premises until further notice.
As part of our continuity plan we have implemented new technology which will allow certain members of our staff to work from home. Our contact numbers will remain operational during our normal hours of business. We have the ability to move staff from one part of the business to another meaning that we can continue to deliver fuel to our customers.
As the Government and NHS update their advice we will update our communications accordingly.
We are operating in unprecedented times and we understand how unnerving the situation is that faces us all today and ask for your patience and understanding.